Even 10 year olds organise hair donation events in School. Hima Ann Joseph is the youngest so far.
Just measure and cut with permission from parents. One donor is enough since our objective is to save hair from bin
- Within 10 months of starting Hair for hope India in June 2013 hair donation became a movement in Chennai, Bangalore and Kerala and over 4000 have donated at various events
- The first campaign in Kerala to donate wigs
- The first major campaign in India to collect hair from all over India and conduct events
- Held over 30 events in Kerala and major event in Manipal, Bangalore,Surat, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Delhi, Calcutta, Mumbai, Mangalore covered by leading papers The events were held in association with Ladies Circle India, Rotary Clubs, NSS, Innerwheel clubs , Schools and colleges.
- Created awareness in Dhaka , Kuwait, Saudi, Italy, Sharjah, Dubai, Abu Dhabi etc via NRI fans who donated during their annual trips to India. .
- The only campaign with zero staff and zero funds using only social media and PR
- Over 600 wigs have been distributed by Sargakshetra Cultural Centre alone by 2017. The women’s forum of the organisation has been recording the receipt of hair and the production and distribution of wigs from 2014 onwards . Currently the hair goes directly to Adyar cancer centre
- Various other organisations have been inspired to host hair donation events and donate wigs too
- Wig donation events have become common in Kerala and Chennai.
- Held wig donation events at Gujarat, Chennai and Kerala.
- Children as young as 9 have helped organised events and volunteered for the campaign
- Find all major events all over India at https://www.facebook.com/groups/728477983941504/
- Hair for hope India is run without any funds and staff by Premi Mathew using Facebook as global office!
- Inspired a similar movement called Hair to Help at Pakistan
- Inspired thousands to donate in UAE. Hair donated in UAE goes to Friends of Cancer Patients by the Sheikha of Sharjah.
- Inspired NRIs all over the world to donate to registered organisations in other countries right from Canada to New zealand. Our focus is to save hair from the bin and create awareness.
Find albums of our events at